Michaela Pelinka, Partner at bpv Huegel, will give a lecture on legal issues regarding the structuring of compliance organizations in corporations at Danube University in Krems, a leading university in Europe, on June 19, 2021.
Compliance programs have been experiencing a boom since the economic and financial crisis, as they can be the key to complying with the increasing number of liability, damages and criminal regulations. Starting with a general introduction to corporate governance and the presentation of relevant areas of law relating to compliance, the lecture is devoted to special issues of corporate law, which are worked through using practical examples and numerous case studies. In addition to addressing the legal framework, the lecture also covers the steps that need to be taken within the company in order to ensure successful implementation, so that participants are provided with comprehensive knowledge regarding compliance.
Saturday, 19 June 2021
9.00-12.00 and 13.00-16.00
Excerpt of the content of the lecture Corporate Governance in the Group:
- Current status regarding compliance in Austria
- Compliance – obligation or discretion?
- Setting up a compliance organization in a group
- Minimum requirements for a compliance organization
- Special legal issues regarding compliance in the group
- Selected fields of law relating to compliance