For many years, bpv Huegel has regularly been rewarded with accolades and top positions in the rankings from international professional publications, including:
- JUVE Awards 2020: bpv Huegel has been named “Law Firm of the Year Austria” by the leading German publication for the legal industry, JUVE.
- The JUVE Handbook of Commercial Law Firms lists bpv Huegel as the leading law firm in Austria and emphasizes on the areas Competition and Antitrust Law (Band 1), M&A and Corporate Law (Band 3), Tax Law (Band 3), Banking Law (Band 3) and Capital Market Law (Band 2), Public Law as well as Litigation and Arbitration.
- The Legal 500 ranks bpv Huegel in the first category for the areas of Competition, Antitrust and European Law and Tax Law, and it holds top positions in the core areas of M&A and Corporate Law, Banking and Capital Market Law, Private Clients, Corporate Succession, Public Administrative Law, Civil Litigation and Dispute Resolution.
- The leading international antitrust law journal Global Competition Review has listed bpv Huegel for many years in the GCR 100 ranking in the top “Elite” category.
- bpv Huegel’s tax team is listed in the World Tax Ranking of the International Tax Review in Tax Controversy Tier 1 and General Corporate Tax Tier 2 as well as in World Transfer Pricing Tier 2.
- The renowned British magazine The Lawyer honoured bpv Huegel as “Law Firm of the Year 2018 – Austria” at The Lawyer European Awards 2018. In 2019 and 2020 bpv Huegel was again shortlisted for the Lawyer European Awards in the category “Law Firm of the Year – Austria”.
- bpv Huegel is always at the top of the Mergermarket M&A rankings with transactions.
- As part of the CEE Deal of the Year Awards 2018 of the leading industry magazine “CEE Legal Matters”, bpv Huegel received the “Austrian Deal of the Year” award for advising Raiffeisen Zentralbank Österreich AG on its merger with listed Raiffeisen Bank International AG.
- bpv Huegel has a number of awards in the Best Lawyer/Deutsches Handelsblatt Ranking 2020: The law firm was named “Law Firm of the Year Austria” in the field of antitrust and competition law. With top ratings from the bpv Huegel partners, they are among “Austria’s best lawyers”. According to Handelsblatt, the best lawyers per legal area in Germany, Austria and Switzerland were ranked according to a peer-to-peer survey.