Sport is a significant economic factor with ever-growing importance. Not surprisingly, the sports industry in recent years has been characterised by profound professionalisation internationally and nationally. Fundamental technological changes have also changed the way we live and experience sports. There is therefore a need for advisers who understand the legal and economic complexity and requirements of the industry.
This is why institutions, companies and athletes turn to us: they know that first-class expertise and dynamic solution orientation are guaranteed. Our clients particularly appreciate our strategic approach ‑ and of course our passion for sport.
Our interdisciplinary team of experts is the first point of contact for top athletes, sports associations and clubs, companies, financial investors, sponsors, event organisers, media companies and sports agents.
We regularly assist our clients in complex, industry-shaping legal issues, both in the area of legal counselling and dispute resolution. This involves a wide range of legal areas, such as in particular:
- Broadcasting agreements
- Catering und hospitality
- Competition and antitrust
- Corporate and transactions
- Event law
- Finance, including stadium and sports facility financing
- Law of associations and clubs
- Litigation and arbitration as well as proceedings before national/international sports federations
- Marketing, advertising, social media, IP & IT
- Media law
- Real estate and construction
- Residence, immigration and citizenship
- Sponsoring, endorsement, merchandising and licensing
- Sports betting and gambling
- Tax matters
Due to the close interaction between all of our firm’s practice groups, we guarantee a unique multidisciplinary approach that covers every aspect of the sports world – providing a level of service that is unsurpassed in this field.