29 January 2019. bpv Grigorescu Stefanica and ANIS announce the signing of a partnership agreement which sees the business law firm take the role of Strategic Tech Law Partner for the association.
From this role, the activity of bpv Grigorescu Stefanica will focus on:
- knowledge building and sharing with the members of ANIS through various discussions and interactive presentations at meet-ups and other events of the organisation on software and tech law topics;
- supporting the association’s efforts to represent the interests of the industry in areas of business and regulation relevant to its members;
- providing support to ANIS’s leadership team on legal and compliance matters impacting on the activity of ANIS, as an organisation.
Through this partnership, bpv Grigorescu Stefanica reaffirms its commitment to empowering software and technology companies to create, develop and safeguard thriving businesses in Romania and globally, by putting its extensive expertise in IT, technology, media and telecom in the service of the industry.
“As a tier 1 technology law firm, we see ourselves as part of the ecosystem of the software industry in Romania, and we want to contribute to its further development. ANIS is a great platform to leverage our knowledge and our contacts into real benefits for the actors of the industry while consolidating our position as the go-to legal services provider for the industry”, said Catalin Grigorescu, Managing Partner, bpv Grigorescu Stefanica.
“The partnership with bpv Grigorescu Stefanica is part of the new support strategy of ANIS for the tech sector. We want to have close specialists in strategic sectors, and bpv Grigorescu Ştefănică is one of these partners, as their extensive expertise in the legal field, focused on tech companies, will help us to initiate and carry out extensive projects for ANIS members. The high-tech industry is one of the most important drivers of economic growth, and therefore the tech community must be supported in order to continue its development”, said Gabriela Mechea, Executive Director of ANIS.
bpv Grigorescu Stefanica advises some of the most prominent names in the technology sector such as Google, Atos, Amazon, Facebook, Hootsuite, Garmin, SAP, Zitec, FintechOS, Fullscreen Digital, Autodesk, Mapbox, Riverbed Technology, Siemens, Hitachi as well as venture capital and strategic investors in the sector.
- 20 years of activity in Romania. Established in 1998, ANIS represents the interests of Romanian IT companies and supports the development of the local software and services industry, the growth of both companies involved in outsourcing projects and those that generate intellectual property through product creation.
- More than 130 members. Within ANIS there are both Romanian and foreign capital, small and multinational, companies with headquarters in all the major IT centres in the country, which ensures the association’s national representativeness.
- Over 38.000 employees. ANIS members generate a significant number of highly qualified jobs in society.
- More than 2.5 billion euros turnover. The annual cumulative members’ revenues place ANIS in the area of key actors in terms of local economic footprint.
For more information, go to the Association’s page – www.anis.ro.